General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote:
maker of things wrote:...I don't care for the how to parts about youtube, instagram or business as much as hearing how the guests got into welding. The stories are the best part for me.
Good. I wasn't intoxicated yet when Roy asked me that question... :roll: I did not expect it to take as long as it did. We talked for over three hours to get the hour and changed that got used. Having fun the whole time, but if I had anticipated, I'd have waited a bit to take my prescriptions, and had fewer beers.

Steve S
They ought to do some behind the scenes for the podcast of some of the weird and funny moments. Same with Jodys videos. Have a montage of mistakes and issues and funny moments just to show another side of the welding trade
An "outakes" episode would be funny. I think I'll suggest it, but I'm not sure Roy keeps the unused stuff.

I roasted Kathleen Porco over that "water in space" thing, when I should have kept my mouth shut. I wasn't wrong, but it was very rude, and I'm sorry I did that.

I wish that had been an "outtake".

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

LtBadd wrote:it seems Roy and Jonathan don't participate here, maybe for the same reason as Jody (?) I did send an email to the PC address but no response, but then again maybe they receive a lot of emails and can't respond to everyone.
I do participate as and when I can. Steve is right, I have A LOT of irons in the fire and that makes it very hard to respond to posts here. I don't mean to neglect this thread or even the members here. I just have to pick when and where I dedicate my time.

Also, as Steve said, I still come on to the forum to do things behind the scenes. Not as much as I used to but I do still try to pull my weight behind the scenes.

As for the emails. We do get quite a lot of emails and they are usually forwarded to each of us (Jody and myself) but I don't manage them myself. Feel free to contact me on which email it was and I will get back to you. superiorweldandfab@gmail.com
Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:I do participate as and when I can. Steve is right, I have A LOT of irons in the fire and that makes it very hard to respond to posts here. I don't mean to neglect this thread or even the members here. I just have to pick when and where I dedicate my time.

Also, as Steve said, I still come on to the forum to do things behind the scenes. Not as much as I used to but I do still try to pull my weight behind the scenes.

As for the emails. We do get quite a lot of emails and they are usually forwarded to each of us (Jody and myself) but I don't manage them myself. Feel free to contact me on which email it was and I will get back to you. superiorweldandfab@gmail.com
Jonathan
Hey Jonathan, no worries
Richard
Website
    Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:52 am

I'm hoping for an April fools version. Have Bob Clagett on to discuss the new wood filler for tig that the 3d printing community stumbled on or some such foolishness.
-Jon

I learned how to weld at night, but not last night. (despite how my weld looks)

Lincoln Viking 3350 K3034-2&3
Dynasty 210DX w/cps and coolmate3
Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Maker, I just wasted a few minutes watching "How to weld a porcelain mug with tig" video from rate my weld. Not sure if it was april fools, but it was 3 minutes lost to the internets.
    Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:51 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:Maker, I just wasted a few minutes watching "How to weld a porcelain mug with tig" video from rate my weld. Not sure if it was april fools, but it was 3 minutes lost to the internets.
April fools ;)

That was from the guys at Bad Obsession Motorsport..

Lots of nice welding and fabrication (and british humour ;) ) in their 4WD Mini project: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hCPODj ... g1qjtxA_nq

Bye, Arno.

Guys, I really liked the tig aluminum specifics episode. Would definitely like to hear other material specific topics. How about a metal finishing discussion too? LOL moment. Roy: "wow that is really good info. I'm definitely going to print that off...when I find my printer" (possibly paraphrased)
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram

maker of things wrote:Guys, I really liked the tig aluminum specifics episode. Would definitely like to hear other material specific topics. How about a metal finishing discussion too? LOL moment. Roy: "wow that is really good info. I'm definitely going to print that off...when I find my printer" (possibly paraphrased)
Yeah, as this was recorded, Roy had just moved a good 1000 miles, and most of his stuff was still in boxes.

I can relate.

Steve S

Was going to signup for the NYC CNC open house next Friday, found out they expect about 500 people! I can imagine standing room only, I can't imagine they even have parking for that many, tried to see the place on Google Maps but there isn't a street view available. I know Roy and Jonathan will be there, anyone else?
Richard
Website

Richard,
I hope you get to attend. We need to at least get to chat for a few mins. The parking will be no issue. The business across the street lets John use their parking lot. Plenty big. This will be the biggest year so far. Crazy how many people will be there. Makes me kinda nervous doing the welding clinics in a way.

Anyone else from the Forum going to the NYC CNC Open House?
Jonathan

Not with anyone that pushes mig and calls hisself a welder! :lol: (you need to listen to the podcast to get the joke) But seriously, I won't be going this year, but it does sound really interesting. I would much rather go to something like that as opposed to Fabtech.
-Jon

Lincoln Power Mig 180c
hermit.shed on instagram
airrj
    Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 am

LtBadd wrote:Was going to signup for the NYC CNC open house next Friday, found out they expect about 500 people! I can imagine standing room only, I can't imagine they even have parking for that many, tried to see the place on Google Maps but there isn't a street view available. I know Roy and Jonathan will be there, anyone else?
I won't be going this year, but last year there was about 325 people in attendance and it wasn't too bad. I am sure that it will be crowded, but John is usually on top of things. I am sure that they will be even more organized than last year. And FYI they used the parking lot across the street last year. Hope you all enjoy it. It is a nice facility.

R.J.

Was watching a little of the NYC CNC open house, John did a quick greet with Jonathan Lewis, they'll be doing the weld demo later, not sure when...

If interested go to NYC CNC on YT
Richard
Website

The NYC CNC Open House was a blast! Roy Crumrine and myself really enjoyed meeting everyone and try our best to answer everyones questions. I completely forgot about the live recording that was going on. Unfortunately, that was the only time they were able to record what we were doing. Roy did weld up several razor blades and I welded up a couple of the cubes. Honestly, we spent more time talking to everyone there than welding, which was absolutely fine. It was great meeting everyone that came out to see us!
Jonathan
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Wish I was going! Sounds like a good time...

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225

All right, people, Episode 43 of the podcast is definitely worth a listen. Barbie the Welder has a lot to say that I can relate to, though our uses for welding are so different.

My wife would be jealous if I said much more.

Steve

Otto Nobedder wrote:All right, people, Episode 43 of the podcast is definitely worth a listen. Barbie the Welder has a lot to say that I can relate to, though our uses for welding are so different.

My wife would be jealous if I said much more.

Steve
I'll try to listen tomorrow, PC #42 was great, a niche market for sure. I've done some of this a few decades ago using a stereo microscope, cool stuff.
Richard
Website
Brettmm92
    Wed May 10, 2017 11:58 pm

Is the podcast on spotify? Spotify is my go-to while working and if they can get on there I assume they'd collect money from it. And I'd be able to listen to it :D
I wish I could do things for the second time, the first time.
Shoot for perfect, get great, think it's only good

Brettmm92 wrote:Is the podcast on spotify? Spotify is my go-to while working and if they can get on there I assume they'd collect money from it. And I'd be able to listen to it :D
Frankly, I don't know. They're on Iheart Radio and ITunes, and several other platforms. Give it a search, and see.

I go directly to the archive, www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com to download or stream it.

Steve

Otto Nobedder wrote: I go directly to the archive, http://www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com to download or stream it.

Steve
me too, BTW what happened to Monday's episode?
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:
Otto Nobedder wrote: I go directly to the archive, http://www.wttpodcast.libsyn.com to download or stream it.

Steve
Excellent question. Where's episode 44?

I'll have to ask about that.

Steve

Sorted. That episode would have recorded on Mothers' Day (and my mom wasn't available), so they skipped the week.

They announced it on the podcast's IG page, so I didn't get a notification because of how I access IG.

Steve
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:

Steve
I saw on Instagram they were taking a week off to celebrate Mother's Day. That would be why.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Oh well excuse me for not being on IG :x
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:Oh well excuse me for not being on IG :x
Well for one it is a cool place for a welder these days-a lot of welding content
And I didn't mean it in a harsh way. I was just citing my source of information. My apologies if it made you feel upset :D
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick