General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

You know who you are. Friendly request for y'all to take it down a couple notches. It's tiresome, not funny, and not why we're here.

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =20&t=2444
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Just Nick
    Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I agree it is getting old half oh the posts I read are of crap and it just takes up more of my time to get through it to read what I come here for. I can see every now and again joking around with each other but on every damn thread is just wasting
space and costing the forum owner more money for all the useless content being stored on the network. The amount of space the network uses and stores is not cheap and costs a lot of money over time.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:You know who you are. Friendly request for y'all to take it down a couple notches. It's tiresome, not funny, and not why we're here.

http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... =20&t=2444
+1
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Some people weld. Some people weld politely ;)
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm sorry about what I have done. I will turn it down many (many, many, many)notches. Again I'm sorry and will focus more on welding
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding wrote:I'm sorry about what I have done. I will turn it down many (many, many, many)notches. Again I'm sorry and will focus more on welding
Breathe, young man. You're entitled to defend yourself. I just mopped up the puke I found in one of the topics being referenced.

I like a ball-bust or a joke as much as the next guy, and it's something one adapts to in the trades. We're all guilty from time to time, even if only at work with a colleague. There is a point where it becomes more distraction than comic relief, though.

I think I and a few others have inadvertently encouraged the thread-jacking by laughing when it's actually been funny, and I've been guilty of some participation. (But only when it's funny.) When it gets degrading, insulting, or simply "vulgar for vulgarity's sake", it's time to tone it down.

Steve
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

One of the reasons I like this site is the straight forwardness. Too many other sites have drama no need for it here.
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:I'm sorry about what I have done. I will turn it down many (many, many, many)notches. Again I'm sorry and will focus more on welding
Breathe, young man. You're entitled to defend yourself. I just mopped up the puke I found in one of the topics being referenced.

I like a ball-bust or a joke as much as the next guy, and it's something one adapts to in the trades. We're all guilty from time to time, even if only at work with a colleague. There is a point where it becomes more distraction than comic relief, though.

I think I and a few others have inadvertently encouraged the thread-jacking by laughing when it's actually been funny, and I've been guilty of some participation. (But only when it's funny.) When it gets degrading, insulting, or simply "vulgar for vulgarity's sake", it's time to tone it down.

Steve
It is good to laugh, also, politely of course. Some humor miss a lot on another welder forum where all you write must be technical. General mood better here but indeed no interest in long exchanges of jokes or worse stuff.
I am guilty to write long posts but this is mostly for better understanding. I will try to shorten somehow. Regards
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Olek, long posts are fine as long as they are about welding. This thread started because of some needlessly abusive posts, and that problem has been resolved.

Your posts are fine, no worries.
Dave
aka "RTFM"