Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
yavorski
    Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi guys!

I'm Michał Jaworski. Youngblood from little country in Europe named Poland Is checking in!! :D
Im not a professional welder,I dont Have an experience, I don't speak english very well but I'm trying!!
I have a lot question\s to you,Smart and wise welders who can gave some advices (which i need right now) :D
I'm gonna start BIG!! Im now 22years old. Few weeks ago I've finished my course on welder (TIG 141 satinless steel) and I LOVE DOING THIS! And here I have problem. I have to change my work and move out from village to city. (by the way I'm motorcycle mechanic) and I dont know what to do. Pretty much no one want fresh welder to work :( I've got only 2 work offers. All have's cons and pros. Mostly cons :cry: In one job they offer me the National average salary (around 2000pln) they are making kitchen equipment to KFC so very thin material (0,6mm-1,2mm max).
Second offer Is little bit better. AIC company,they making heat transfers. Better payment ( around 3000pln) and they are making another course before they let you weld anything imprtant! That's cool more teaching weld!! BUT! They want me to sign a loyalty agreement on two years :cry: Where I commit myself to pay them back the costs of this course (around 7000pln!!!) So i dont know which offer Pick,or drop the welding and get back to the motorcycle's mechanic.
I know that this isn't place for this kind of questions and you guys really dont know how to help me but im doing my best, and Im trying everything to get the better view of this situation :)

Thank you for reading this,and I'm promise that's my last such a long post!
Michał
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Michal, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Yavorski, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I would encourage you to take the job with more options for learning, and more variety in what you will be welding. Being young and new, this is a great nance to increase your knowledge and exposure. Sure, 2 years sounds like a long time to commit to them, but, if you work hard and absorb as much as they can teach you, it will pass very quickly! And you will have that experience to take forward to another employer should you choose to leave.