Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
bossler
    Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am

Hi there.

I'm a hobbyist welder from Germany (don't hesitate to point out any mistakes in my English writing, always want to learn/improve... ), started TIG welding last year and enjoying it every time I can get some spare time.

I've got an Esseti 250A AC/DC inverter machine from around 1990, still going strong (fingers crossed :) ). So far I did various small projects involving mild steel, stainless and aluminum, including of course the mandatory welding cart.

Not to forget: Everything I know up to now regarding welding, I learned from Jody's videos (and some older but nice stick welding videos from Steve Bleile...).
Thanks a lot Jody for sharing your knowledge and being the internet welding tutor. :D

I hope it's ok to add two questions to my introduction:

1) Trying to give something back to Jody, I wanted to order some stuff (TIG finger) from his shop, but unfortunately no shipping to Germany. I can see some TIG fingers on eBay and Amazon, but not sure if it's really the original product and Jody will really benefit. So anybody got a source for TIG fingers shipping to Germany?

2) On my machine I can adjust AC balance from 1-10:
1=95% negative
5=50% negative
10=5 % negative
So far, I was welding aluminum at around '3', meaning ~70% negative, 30% positive. Seems to be a kind of standard setting.
What about this '10' setting with only 5% negative and 95% positive? I did not try it yet and never saw any recommendation going that high with the cleaning action. Is there any practical use for this setting?

Best Regards,
Bossler
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Welcome to the forum!
95% EP will destroy your tungsten in short order unless it's a really big one.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Bossler, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Hi and welcome.

Jody's webpage says he ship to Germany.

I know three places to get them here but none with English website and I think only one with a webshop.
Can post links if you want to contact them.

Have a friend in Norway that sells them. Going to see him tomorrow so I can ask if he sells to germany if you like.
His webshop is in Norwegian only.
bossler
    Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:17 am

AndersK wrote: Jody's webpage says he ship to Germany.
On the FAQ yes, but on the checkout form, Germany is not in the list.
I asked some time ago using the contact form, but no reply. :|