Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Hey everyone! New guy here from Maryland, been a welder for 10 years and have been certified in tig aluminum, ASME stainless pipe and plate as well as structural steel. I do not weld for a living anymore since I started working for the railroad, well I don't consider thermite welding to classify you as a welder.
Either way I weld Here and there and do a decent amount of side work fabricating and welding at home and have had some issue with my machine and wondering if any experts here might be able to help, happy to be here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Welcome, I'm also fro MD, Frederick County.

David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome from NoVA, about 8:00 on the Beltway. What's up with your machine?
Dave
aka "RTFM"

It's had an issue welding aluminum since day one and I've tried everything to get it right with no results at all

Image tungsten looks like this after I strike an arc every time

cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

I saw your reply in the other thread that you have inspected thoroughly the gas/connections on your machine. Since in this post you indicate that this issue is related to aluminum arc strikes, I'd wager your polarity switch is whacked.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome...
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
dgapilot

Saw your issues on your other thread. I don't have enough experience to comment, and haven't tried AL yet, but I also have a 210EXT. If you want to come over and try on my machine to see if there is any difference, you are welcome to.

David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene

dgapilot wrote:Saw your issues on your other thread. I don't have enough experience to comment, and haven't tried AL yet, but I also have a 210EXT. If you want to come over and try on my machine to see if there is any difference, you are welcome to.

That Might be a good option! I'm about to throw this thing across the shop and buy a Lincoln here soon lol

dgapilot

PM me if you want to swing by. Bring some aluminum scrap as I don't have any. I should be home from tomorrow until Monday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene

dgapilot wrote:PM me if you want to swing by. Bring some aluminum scrap as I don't have any. I should be home from tomorrow until Monday.

thanks brother! I'm pretty busy this weekend maybe next weekend if you're around. I'll pm you

dgapilot

Should be around next weekend but not the one after that.

David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene