What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
WeldItWill
    Tue May 28, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi all, it's been a while since visiting the site. Good to be back. Anyhow, in November I was laid off from a company where we built pressure vessels for all over the U.S. and at one time, the world. Noticing that it has been a minute since any process of welding, I'd like to get some precut coupons and get some bench time until I get on another job. Anyone know of a good place to buy a few coupon sets rather affordable for an individual?

WeldItWill wrote:Hi all, it's been a while since visiting the site. Good to be back. Anyhow, in November I was laid off from a company where we built pressure vessels for all over the U.S. and at one time, the world. Noticing that it has been a minute since any process of welding, I'd like to get some precut coupons and get some bench time until I get on another job. Anyone know of a good place to buy a few coupon sets rather affordable for an individual?
Hey WIW
I presume you're referring to pipe coupons?
I'd do a Google search, then if you live in a larger city I'd call some local machine shops and get a quote to machine the bevels, you could offer to provide the pipe and perhaps save some $ that way as shops will markup their material costs.

HTH
Richard
Website
Rick_H
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I've used these in the past..http://www.welderinstitute.com/pipe-coupons

Triangle engineering also sells batch's of 10 sets for around $200 or so.

A local supply house and a local machinist may be the trick, especially of you have any buddies.Good Luck on the job search....
I weld stainless, stainless and more stainless...Food Industry, sanitary process piping, vessels, whatever is needed, I like to make stuff.
ASME IX, AWS 17.1, D1.1
Instagram #RNHFAB