Post your ideas, suggestions and support issues here.
Homemade
    Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:31 am

Sometime after podcast number 40. The podcast description has become less and less about what was actually talked about.

I’ve complained about this before, but this was about the title in the apple podcast app not being descriptive.

I’m looking for just a few sentences on what process or technique was discussed.

Homemade wrote:Sometime after podcast number 40. The podcast description has become less and less about what was actually talked about.

I’ve complained about this before, but this was about the title in the apple podcast app not being descriptive.

I’m looking for just a few sentences on what process or technique was discussed.
Homemade
For the most part you're not going to reach the WTT Podcast members on this forum, the podcast does have an email addy at weldingtipsandtrickspodcast@gmail.com and a phone number to leave a voicemail.

Perhaps if you have a specific episode in mind to provide as an example that could be helpful.

Jody used to post in the video forum when he released a new video, but that stopped not too long ago, not sure what that means...

JMO
Richard
Website
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

He now posts them on youtube.
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

tungstendipper wrote:He now posts them on youtube.
Yes, I was referring to a post announcing that a new video was available.
Richard
Website
Homemade

Interesting, and thank you.

Do you like his podcasts? His videos are 10Xs better. If I have an hour to listen, I listen to audiobooks. I think his podcasts are easier to produce than his videos and that's why he might be going in that direction. I'm also a visual learner.

Just say'n
Mark
Everlast 210 EXT

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737

Hey Mark
I understand, we each learn different ways. I typically get to work early and will listen to the WTT podcast, may take a few days to finish. However I find listening to the PC I may pick up information about how someone else has solved a problem, or is using a tool or brand I wasn't familiar with that could make a big difference in getting a job done. Even if there isn't such info in a given episode, I personally usually find them interesting.

In episode 80 they have a guest from Walter Surface technologies talking about their abrasives, it was very informative and I certainly learned some things I didn't know about a topic all welders/fabricators deal with, abrasives.

Just my 2¢
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:Hey Mark
I understand, we each learn different ways. I typically get to work early and will listen to the WTT podcast, may take a few days to finish. However I find listening to the PC I may pick up information about how someone else has solved a problem, or is using a tool or brand I wasn't familiar with that could make a big difference in getting a job done. Even if there isn't such info in a given episode, I personally usually find them interesting.

In episode 80 they have a guest from Walter Surface technologies talking about their abrasives, it was very informative and I certainly learned some things I didn't know about a topic all welders/fabricators deal with, abrasives.

Just my 2¢
Thanks Richard,
I will listen to it. Sounds interesting to me too. Walter is a good company.

Mark
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737
Homemade

I do like the podcasts and the videos. I like being able to look up an episode and hear the discussion on a process or system. It’s been hard though to go back and find one in a specific topic lately.
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

i prefer the videos to be on a fixed subject and the podcast to be more informal talk.
i kinda like the podcast better when its about the people rather than a subject.

btw i say podcast but mainly watch the "podcast" on utube rather than straight audio. nice to have the pictures so you get an idea of what the person is about or does.
tweak it until it breaks

I can't find podcast #80. Does anyone know the name of it?

BTW... This is the first time i "watched" a podcast on youtube. There are pictures! Before, I would listen to the podcast on my phone thought my truck's radio. They are cool!

It's all your fault Richard. :P
Everlast 210 EXT

CJ737

You surfed over the the WTT Podcast webpage? Scroll douwn to #80 Or click HERE ;)
Richard
Website
Homemade

Episode 80 is on Walter abrasives.
Homemade

Episode 80 is on Walter abrasives.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

tungstendipper wrote:Do you like his podcasts? His videos are 10Xs better.
True, but I sometimes find myself waiting for or eating lunch or having to wait for something in a store, podcast doesn't chew my phone battery up like streaming video. ;)

Cheers,
Alan
Collector of old Iron!

Alan