General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

sbaker56 wrote:But I think the issue is that there can be such an immense cost of time and money even if you have the skill or experience level to be taken seriously in the first place that it excludes most people.
That's what I've been saying this whole time. :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Oscar wrote:
sbaker56 wrote:But I think the issue is that there can be such an immense cost of time and money even if you have the skill or experience level to be taken seriously in the first place that it excludes most people.
That's what I've been saying this whole time. :)
That’s why Jody has limited presence here. We know he has the desire to share his knowledge, but reality and time availability limits anyone’s ability to create and maintain such a venture.
I would suggest that instead of complaining about things you view as problems. You all can offer your time, money, and experience (in your given areas of experience) directly to the forum creators.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Poland308

Double post, noted issue

Josh

I'm not complaining one bit. I think the forum is perfectly fine for what it is. :)
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

Oscar wrote:I'm not complaining one bit. I think the forum is perfectly fine for what it is. :)
I agree. Heck of a lot better than WeldingWeb IMO. Less b!\$&ing and political crap

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Poland308 wrote:That’s why Jody has limited presence here. We know he has the desire to share his knowledge, but reality and time availability limits anyone’s ability to create and maintain such a venture.
I think that's partially it, but Jody is known as the Godfather of Welding on YouTube, and I think that's where he focuses his energy at as it gets him the most ROI. I think he has help from his son in regard to videos. He does post on Instagram.
Poland308 wrote:I would suggest that instead of complaining about things you view as problems. You all can offer your time, money, and experience (in your given areas of experience) directly to the forum creators.
I'm not complaining, but don't have much power to do much here.

Here's an example, I'm sure I'm not the only person that has seen this message. I've sent a message to the weldforum_team, in fact I just sent them one a couple days ago, but it just falls on deaf ears. When Spartan created this thread, he was asking how to liven up the forum, well, fixing these errors would go a long way to attracting active members.

General Error
The file ./styles/modestus/template/bbcode.html is missing.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: weldforum_team@forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com
JayWal wrote:Heck of a lot better than WeldingWeb IMO. Less b!\$&ing and political crap
No argument there. Maybe it's an artifact of welders in general, MinnesotaDave tends to be a baby sitter for those rude folks. He has some patience. I haven't posted there in over 7 weeks as some of the folks a know-it-alls about everything. I have met 2 or 3 nice people over there whom I exchange emails with, but the majority of them have always been a pack of rude uncouth welders. In that regard I do still post here, but WTAT is not without it's set of minor issues either.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
kiwi2wheels
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:27 am

Oscar wrote:I'm not complaining one bit. I think the forum is perfectly fine for what it is. :)
+ 1
Poland308

Top of page. Fourth from the left. FAQ! Contact support team.

Josh

I know what this forum needs. A chat-box on the main forum page! Most chat-box activity each month gets a prize.
Poland308

What’s a chat box?

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

When you're sick of listening to some drongo, put a fruit box over his head.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

In my opinion, liveliness belongs to the flash in the pan world of Facebook and insta. There is a fantastically varied amount of topics and a wide range of members on here. You are free to post anything you want, from whichever source you choose. If it takes off, it will. If not it was never meant to be. It's a slower pace here, but I feel we are still having fun.

Poland308 wrote:What’s a chat box?
It's just a miniature chat-room. Seen it integrated in some forums. It's just for small-talk. Obviously not necessary, just a thought.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hey chilly guy,,,what the sam hill is a drongo?? and Why do they like fruit boxes on their heads?

Oscar wrote:
Poland308 wrote:What’s a chat box?
It's just a miniature chat-room. Seen it integrated in some forums. It's just for small-talk. Obviously not necessary, just a thought.
I asked about upgrading the forum software several years back.... :( still waiting
Richard
Website
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Drongo - Wikipediaen.wikipedia.org › wiki › Drongo
The word drongo is used in Australian English as a mild form of insult meaning "idiot" or "stupid fellow". This usage derives from an Australian racehorse of the same name (apparently after the spangled drongo, Dicrurus bracteatus) in the 1920s that never won despite many places.

Example: "you're turnin that bolt the wrong way you drongo!"

I never said they liked fruit boxes on their head.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:
Example: "you're turnin that bolt the wrong way you drongo!"
Screenshot 2020-09-27 163950.jpg
Screenshot 2020-09-27 163950.jpg (80.92 KiB) Viewed 3286 times
Richard
Website
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

DOS_EQUIS_SAVED_MEME.jpg
DOS_EQUIS_SAVED_MEME.jpg (86.94 KiB) Viewed 3279 times
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I have reached the point of hoping the next TV commercial has more to do with 'rectal itching', than another 'talking rectum'.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

VA-Sawyer wrote:I have reached the point of hoping the next TV commercial has more to do with 'rectal itching', than another 'talking rectum'.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a commercial.

Spartan wrote:
VA-Sawyer wrote:I have reached the point of hoping the next TV commercial has more to do with 'rectal itching', than another 'talking rectum'.
I can't even remember the last time I saw a commercial.
I remember my wife watched tv recently :lol:
Richard
Website
    Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:53 pm

I rarely visit anymore and one reason is the atmosphere just got pretty airy ( lots of arrogant self ordained experts ) for a while there and it looked like that is what most members wanted, I didn't come to bitch and whine so I took my limited knowledge and experience and went another direction. I particularly resent someone from another part of the country trying to change my southern dialect, some may be weldors but in the south we are still welders. I didn't see that avatar this visit so maybe that person didn't last here.
I appreciate this forum, Jody is The Master and has the best informational and instructional vids on the net and that has attracted a few aces to these pages which benefits 99% of us I bet. I don't consider myself an expert and have said in posts that I may very well be the least knowledgeable person here even though I have been at it for 45 years. I was completely self taught until I discovered youtube and wt&t's and now I am completely amazed at what I got away with and how much I was doing either wrong or the hard way. like someone else said welding is just a small part of my job and being the supervisor I get the least amount of time under the hood of anyone on the crew because I wont take it away from the guys that want it and don't have equipment at home like I do. Long story short, Jody did us all a good turn by creating vids and this forum and I am grateful it is here to visit and hope it remains for a long time, as for getting it lively again some folks need to keep their smart ass comments to their selves and develop a little humility, maybe then the new guys and hopefully girls will come in here and stay around.
thanks to all.
the heck with the duty cycle on the welder, tell me about the duty cycle on that grinder !!

I wasn't here to do moderation for a while. We got rid of one particular fool. I think is going better now. Hang around for a while and see what you think. But as with anything on the internet, unless someone actually personally threatens you, you have the power to ignore things said, and don't let it grind your gears.
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

weldin mike 27 wrote:I wasn't here to do moderation for a while. We got rid of one particular fool. I think is going better now. Hang around for a while and see what you think. But as with anything on the internet, unless someone actually personally threatens you, you have the power to ignore things said, and don't let it grind your gears.
I have to say that the general tone of the forum has changed for the better Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225

Funny how that works. When you have a person who is willing to send PM's to people to fight, it brings the whole place down.