General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

motox wrote:i have been in the same trade since i left high school.
not by design but to put food on the table of an early
family. i did the manual work for years the took over
the business in my early thirties and expanded our
scope of work. not complaining as it allowed me
the money to raise my family, race motorcycles
buy what i wanted ash travel as i wished.
now 50 yrs later I'm retired.
that is my Dream Job. free time to play with
40yrs of acquired tools and machinery.
craig
I took an extended vacation once to see if I could retire and I never thought I would ever hear myself say it, but I got tired of riding, fishing , drinking, shooting and anything else I normally do to cleanse my mind, so I went back to work. Some of us are programmed to work. I need to be creating or fixing or restoring or designing something. I can screw off with the best of them but work is what really makes me happy. Can you imagine what kind of business we could have if all of us got together and formed a company? We have upper management all the way down to grunt and from what I can gather, most guys here are quality minded. That would be a fun company to work for.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

ldbtx wrote:Custom ham radio consoles and such like.
My grandfather was W9BNH, funny how I can still remember that after 40 years.

And to exnailpounder.....my retirement was fun for 3 months, alright for 6 months then I was going crazy.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

i have no problem loosing myself in my shop
restoring motorcycles, fabricating shit i really
don't need and at almost 70 i can deal with
retirement the way i see retirement.

jeff
if we all got together the alcohol bill would
easily exceed the profits.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder

DLewis0289 wrote:

And to exnailpounder.....my retirement was fun for 3 months, alright for 6 months then I was going crazy.
Thats about the same thing I experienced. I have always been a participant in life and I have the scars to prove it. It seemed like retirement was dropping out of the game. My dad worked until he was 83 (RIP Dad) and his best friend Albert, who I am still close to, is 93 and STILL working at a cabinet shop sweeping floors. It seems that alot of people today want to take the path of least resistance and have their hands out instead of knuckling down and working for what they want in life....AHH...I am ranting ...sorry....gotta go to work.
exnailpounder

motox wrote:i have no problem loosing myself in my shop
restoring motorcycles, fabricating shit i really
don't need and at almost 70 i can deal with
retirement the way i see retirement.

jeff
if we all got together the alcohol bill would
easily exceed the profits.
craig
:lol: Sad but true Craig...and the hooker tab...whoa!

DLewis0289 wrote:

My call is K5WLF. I was first licensed in 1966, but it expired and I got busy doing other things. Got back into it about 15 years ago. I'm involved with storm spotting working with NWS as well as just yakkin' on the radio. Fun hobby and helps the community as well.

Larry
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch

Absolutely, and back then you had to learn Morse Code .... .- ...- . / .- / --. --- --- -.. / -.. .- -.--
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

DLewis0289 wrote:Absolutely, and back then you had to learn Morse Code .... .- ...- . / .- / --. --- --- -.. / -.. .- -.--
You do the same, my friend and -- .- -.- . / .. - / .- / --. .-. . .- - / .-- . . -.- . -. -.. / .- ... / .-- . .-.. .-..

I had a hell of a time learning the code. Even harder time re-learning it when I got active again. It's another language basically, and I have no ear for languages.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Painting is easy... just ask Mr. Bean! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9MAmWnOznI
Otto Nobedder wrote:
DLewis0289 wrote:I will admit to one thing. I would mug crack dealers before I would paint a living room with a roller and brush. :lol:
I don't blame you there. I came to hate it, and I don't toss about words like "love" and "hate" like most people...
I abruptly abandoned a 12 year friendship, moved 800 miles, and changed career paths because I came to hate painting.

That said, I can show you how to two-coat a huge room in under four hours. But I won't. Because I'd hate it.

Steve S

LMAO, big fan of Bean. Did you know Rowan Atkinson's net worth is reported at 130 million?