General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
signsforsandiego
    Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:10 am

I am looking for ideas and advice. I am not a welder, but I own a sign shop and employ welders. COVID is raging, and i need to hire in Oceanside CA (just north of San Diego and during a "Shut Down")

The guy I need would (Ideally) have sign shop experience, with the ability to bend letters. The welding is nearly 100% mig Aluminum on tubular structures and 063, 1/8" and 3/16" sheets to make letters.

Why do I look? What forums, or job boards, or facebook groups or other places would a guy with these skills look? What do you think? Is this a hard job to fill?

Thanks

Frank
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Indeed.com and linkedin seem to be popular sources these days. Maybe give those a look.

Also, I would recommend against putting too much emphasis on the person having sign shop experience. That's quite specific and may narrow down your applicant pool considerably. Maybe if it was a sales position, but really any competent fabricator, especially one with sheet metal experience, should be a good asset for a sign shop. Just my opinion.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Or a boat yard, somebody with aluminum exp and probably tired of being wet.
I have more questions than answers

Josh