General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
KEJ76
    Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 am

Jody, I was wondering if you were gonna make a video using the new Lincoln Power Mig 210 MP and give us a review on it, like you did with the Everlast welders, etc.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

KEJ76 wrote:Jody, I was wondering if you were gonna make a video using the new Lincoln Power Mig 210 MP and give us a review on it, like you did with the Everlast welders, etc.

I'd love that!!Image

Here's thread with tons of info on the machine....
http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?43 ... ss-machine
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Ooooh! I've been eyeing the PowerMIG 180 Dual for a couple of years now because of its dual voltage support. This just bumped it off my list - it's the same price ($1000), higher capacity (220A), dual voltage, plus stick and DC TIG. Heckuva portable unit!

http://lincolnelectric.com/en-us/equipm ... 10-mp.aspx
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
KEJ76

Honestly, now that I've thought about it, I think I would rather spend an extra $700 and get the Everlast Power Pro 256. At least with it I can tig aluminum and have a plasma cutter. Hooefully Lincoln will incorporate these two options in there next inovation!! Just my thoughts.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

But that's not a mig though.

Mick
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:But that's not a mig though.

Mick
Yup. I was looking for a dual-voltage MIG. For the same money, it's 40A stronger than their 180 Dual. The stick and TIG features are freebies. Though I'll admit, I wish it was AC too, but that would pretty much cannibalize their V205 TIG inverter. Maybe next year. :D

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
dsmabe
    Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:50 pm

Anyone know right off hand if anyone offers a true all in one machine?
Ac/dc tig
Stick
Mig
Plasma
200-300 amp ballpark
With all the features; frequency, pulse, cleaning, hot start, etc, etc.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I could make you one. A few rivits....wouldn't be very portable though.
dsmabe

RIVETS!? No no no, we use welders! We could atleast do some weeks!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

dsmabe wrote:RIVETS!? No no no, we use welders! We could atleast do some weeks!
But I thought it was wrong to put welds on a welder? ;)
-Jonathan
dsmabe

I think this question is starting to get complicated. :|

dsmabe wrote:I think this question is starting to get complicated. :|
Not complicated, fun!!
-Jonathan
KEJ76

Y'all are killin me!! Lol
I really hope Jody will do a video on this new machine. Mabye it will help folks like myself make a decision if its worth it.

I can't say if Jody will get his hands on one and demo it but I have asked my LWS for one already. I would think they should have one in soon, will ask and report back.
-Jonathan
KEJ76

That would be cool Jonathan. I would like to hear/read reviews on it.
    Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:43 pm

regarding an all in one machine , there are differences in the power sources that you need, resistance welding (arc, mig, tig) requires low voltage up to about 30V Plasma cutting uses voltage in the range of 100-120V so the power source for one will not work for the other. Inverter power sources are a good way to go . 85% efficient so they can save a shop enough money to justify the cost. as far as plasma goes I have a Hypertherm powermax45 it is an inverter but the reason I went Hypertherm is the superior cut quality you can get.So I think you cannot get an all in one. I also have a Razorweld 195 mig-tig-arc Inverter that is absolutely fantastic
    Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:29 am

I have this welder on order, it will be dropped shipped to me from Lincoln in a couple weeks when they start shipping them. There is a $100 rebate which drops the price to $899 by the way. I guess we'll see how well it works for a total welding noob!
Matt
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:02 pm

Coolidge wrote:I have this welder on order, it will be dropped shipped to me from Lincoln in a couple weeks when they start shipping them. There is a $100 rebate which drops the price to $899 by the way. I guess we'll see how well it works for a total welding noob!

Can you post a link to the $100 rebate? I dont see it anywhere.

Matt wrote:
Coolidge wrote:I have this welder on order, it will be dropped shipped to me from Lincoln in a couple weeks when they start shipping them. There is a $100 rebate which drops the price to $899 by the way. I guess we'll see how well it works for a total welding noob!

Can you post a link to the $100 rebate? I dont see it anywhere.
I don't have a link, http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com said its part of Lincoln's Money Matters special and that I would received the rebate info with my order. I was told the same from a local welding supply store. Optionally you can select Lincoln gear, jacket, etc. instead of the $100 rebate, I plan to take the cash.
Matt

[/quote]

I don't have a link, http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com said its part of Lincoln's Money Matters special and that I would received the rebate info with my order. I was told the same from a local welding supply store. Optionally you can select Lincoln gear, jacket, etc. instead of the $100 rebate, I plan to take the cash.[/quote]

I wouldn't trust word of mouth. Sounds to me like someone is confusing the powermig 180 for this new powermig 210. You can see all the rebates here. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/eq ... tters.aspx

Matt wrote:I wouldn't trust word of mouth. Sounds to me like someone is confusing the powermig 180 for this new powermig 210. You can see all the rebates here. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/eq ... tters.aspx
"The Power MIG 210 MPwill be part of the Money Matters Plus Program." First paragraph at this link http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/l ... er-k3963-1
Matt

Thanks I didn't catch that. I spoke with a Lincoln sales rep on the phone today to try to sort a few things out and he wasn't very helpful. He said he's heard nothing about the 210 MP being on the money matters program, and that he was just recently trained on questions regarding the 210 MP. I also asked him about when I could expect the tig bundle to be released and he knew nothing.
arkie7671
    Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:15 pm

I have stop by three local welding supply stores in the Dallas area and all of them new nothing about the power mig. Some had never heard on the machine. Makes you wonder about Lincoln support for the LWS!
Matt

arkie7671 wrote:I have stop by three local welding supply stores in the Dallas area and all of them new nothing about the power mig. Some had never heard on the machine. Makes you wonder about Lincoln support for the LWS!
Pick any brick and mortar store from almost any industry and you'll find they can't keep up with the internet. Information spreads too quickly and easily on the internet. It's these types of online forums that disseminate useful information nowadays. I rarely even bother asking representatives questions nowadays because, it's easier to do my own homework with online communities.
Matt

Coolidge wrote:
Matt wrote:I wouldn't trust word of mouth. Sounds to me like someone is confusing the powermig 180 for this new powermig 210. You can see all the rebates here. http://www.lincolnelectric.com/en-us/eq ... tters.aspx
"The Power MIG 210 MPwill be part of the Money Matters Plus Program." First paragraph at this link http://www.weldingsuppliesfromioc.com/l ... er-k3963-1

Did you notice they no longer have that quote.