General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
thatoneguy
    Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Hey everybody I'm looking into getting more organized with my consumables. Everything from Tig cups, collets. collet bodies, all those for gas lense setups, mig tips, nozzles, EVERYTHING. So please post pics and ideas! Thanks! :shock:
Everlast Power I-MIG 275P
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Everlast Power Plasma 80S
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Use a fishing tackle box. They are perfect for this.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

RamboBaby wrote:Use a fishing tackle box. They are perfect for this.
+1....or I just use a flat plastic organizer from Lowes...I think it was $4. If you go apeshit and need to have 5 of everything...well :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
thatoneguy

I wouldn't say I go crazy with stuff but I do buy consumables in bulk. Cheaper and since I tend to make stupid mistakes like break a cup or something I hate not being able to finish because I don't have a replacement. Im mostly looking for something with draws that I can mount on the wall or sit on a shelf. Ive been looking on amazon a bit at organizers but a lot of them look really flimsy and cheap and the ones they have made of steel are stupid expensive. Im probably gonna make my own that can mount on the wall out of some thin steel or aluminum. Just looking for creative ideas other people may have.
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
exnailpounder

No need to go crazy on parts, maybe doubles of everything. I have cracked off a few cups from heat but never break them. I usually use the same sized cup and tungsten for everything so my trick bag is pretty small. I have progressively smaller back caps for tight spots and short tungstens. I know it's natural for guys to want 10 of everything but as time goes on you will learn what you like and you will look at the pile of money you spent on crap you will never use and shake your head. I say have fun and let your conscious be your guide.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

I just use flat plastic organisers, too.

I use one for #26 size stuff and one for #9 size stuff, then divide up into conventional and gas lens stuff.

I use those organisers with the removable dividers so I can have, say, little square nooks for cups, and longer slots for electrodes.

Simple and cheap.

Kym
    Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:05 pm

Recycle your jars. I use plastic ones, cause I hate broken glass. :oops:

WerkSpace wrote:Recycle your jars. I use plastic ones, cause I hate broken glass. :oops:
Very nice! A buddy of mine uses baby food jars and it looks really cool but I never went that route because I don't like broken glass either.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
thatoneguy

WerkSpace wrote:Recycle your jars. I use plastic ones, cause I hate broken glass. :oops:
Haha ive never seen this but I like it! And as for having one of everything I know what you mean. I'm just wanting to consolidate all consumables together.
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
thatoneguy

And when I break a cup its sometimes from heat... But usually because I drop my torch or knock it off the table or the kid breaks it. I'm really clumsy and not a gentle person at all lol
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene
exnailpounder

When my grandpa died in 1974 I found an ounce of pot in his jar collection. He was 74 YO :?: And I was 11 :o

thatoneguy wrote:And when I break a cup its sometimes from heat... But usually because I drop my torch or knock it off the table or the kid breaks it. I'm really clumsy and not a gentle person at all lol
Most of the weldors whom I know are direct descendents of cave men.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
thatoneguy

RamboBaby wrote:
thatoneguy wrote:And when I break a cup its sometimes from heat... But usually because I drop my torch or knock it off the table or the kid breaks it. I'm really clumsy and not a gentle person at all lol
Most of the weldors whom I know are direct descendents of cave men.[/quote

I know what you mean...
Everlast Power TIG 250EX
Lincoln AC/DC Tombstone
Smith OxyAcetylene