Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Crash
    Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:33 pm

Hello,

Just a bit about me:

Six months stick welding experience, not much of a welder tbh.

I took a college (like community college in the US) program involving statistical process control and NDT in a college in Ontario. (FWIW I can't say I would recommend it from an educational standpoint.)

I am trying to spruce up my resume a bit and I thought getting a CWB Level I inspection certification may be of benefit, but I've failed the practical exam three times now, and I am having particular difficulty with one recurring type of discontinuity. I plan on posting to a thread with respect to this, but in case anyone was curious, it's where a bead on a fillet weld was stopped midway, and when it was picked up again it was not tied into correctly. It's quite distinct, in that it is a very ugly discontinuity, whatever it is.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there, welcome to the group. If you are talking about stick welding, jody has a number of videos talking about restarting welds. Stopping and restarting is similar to using up a rod and starting a new one. All the best, mick
Crash
    Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:33 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hi there, welcome to the group. If you are talking about stick welding, jody has a number of videos talking about restarting welds. Stopping and restarting is similar to using up a rod and starting a new one. All the best, mick
Thanks very much for the reply.

I'm not sure if the plastic coupons are supposed to represent stick welds. However, it seems like the type of discontinuity you'd have to try to make, so I don't know how much I'd glean from any of Jody's videos with respect to this. But thanks for the suggestion.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Sorry mate, I've missed something. I might have to wait until you post about your problem. Then I'm sure we'll be able to help