Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
DLF
  • DLF
    Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 am

Hello. My name is Andrei and I want to learn how to weld.

Just purchased my first welder, a Jasic 200A AC/DC tig welder and a Miller digital infinity welding hood.

I have never tried welding but I am a quick learner (hopefully [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

nice welder.

however need to go get a stinger to fit it and some stick electrodes.
start by learning to stick weld (MMA mode).
it easier than starting on tig and stick will teach you some important lessons.
tweak it until it breaks
DLF
  • DLF

tweake wrote:nice welder.

Hi tweake,

I already got the stinger, a pack of electrodes and know a guy who is willing to teach me how to stick-weld.

And yes, tig requires practice to get it right.

But I will not do any structural welding (like ever), so I will be more interested in the pretty side

A.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome. Whatever you do, read your manual and have the manufacturer's phone number on speed dial. :D
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

DLF,

Didn't you get Oscar's memo that was sent out?

"the member introduction section is not about posting questions or seeking advice just yet"

He must be getting too old to remember that type of stuff... :roll:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DLF
  • DLF

TraditionalToolworks wrote:DLF,

Didn't you get Oscar's memo that was sent out?

"the member introduction section is not about posting questions or seeking advice just yet"

He must be getting too old to remember that type of stuff... :roll:
Hello,

Not to be rude or something but I do not understand your point.

I never posted a question in this thread or asked for any advice. If I read correctly my posts I just stated my interests and the equipment I have.

Anyhow...

TraditionalToolworks

DLF wrote:Not to be rude or something but I do not understand your point.
I had my tongue lodged deep in my cheek while typing that, mostly in regard to his comment in this thread. :D

Welcome to the forum, enjoy! ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

don't be so butt hurt TTW :lol: Lately you've been on a drilling exploration to a lot of new members right from the gate. They're just introducing themselves.
TraditionalToolworks

Oscar wrote:don't be so butt hurt TTW :lol:
??? Because I suggest someone does like DLF did here and posts what he has and what he's planning to do?

Don't try to be the welding authority on WTAT! :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

You're the one that's trying to make it sound like I'm trying to be some authority by referring to some non-existent memo and touting "it" as existing. I'm just saying that even the new member sea devil can tell you're off-base here. Usually the new members themselves indirectly tell us what kind of direction they need to be steered in (if at all). These two recent ones showed nothing of the kind. I don't have to be anyone or anything to simply say, lighten up and let the person's posts steer you on how to steer them, if they even need steering.
TraditionalToolworks

Oscar wrote:You're the one that's trying to make it sound like I'm trying to be some authority by referring to some non-existent memo and touting "it" as existing. I'm just saying that even the new member sea devil can tell you're off-base here. Usually the new members themselves indirectly tell us what kind of direction they need to be steered in (if at all). These two recent ones showed nothing of the kind. I don't have to be anyone or anything to simply say, lighten up and let the person's posts steer you on how to steer them, if they even need steering.
I'm not sure WTF is wrong with you, I was nice to guy and even offered him information on getting a free Easy Dabber from CK Worldwide.

Don't you have anything better to do than split @$$#O!E hairs on one of my posts? Wuhan lockup getting to you?

I would think you have some wiring to do in order to finish spending $4k to squeak another 50 amps out of your welder which you don't seem to be using to build very much stuff anyway. :roll:

The icing on the cake is the same guy posts a couple pics asking for advice on welding 6010, and you ask him for another view... :roll: and then toss out some term that you refer to as a technical welding term... :?:

I don't get it. I'm gonna use this as a reminder to get out into my shop and glue metal together more often than wasting it with people like you on the Internet. You outta do the same with all you have invested in welding equipment. :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
DLF
  • DLF

[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Guys, wtf! Go somewhere else and fight or whatever.

It can be that I don’t get welder’s humor, but this is my intro thread and you totally f$&*^d it up.

Thank you?

DLF wrote:
tweake wrote:nice welder.

Hi tweake,

I already got the stinger, a pack of electrodes and know a guy who is willing to teach me how to stick-weld.

And yes, tig requires practice to get it right.

But I will not do any structural welding (like ever), so I will be more interested in the pretty side

A.

Andrei,

Things change. Later on you'll want to learn all kinds of welding applications left and right! It's addicting! 10 years ago, I just wanted to build some longtube headers for my car (and did). But then I just keep going and going and going lol.
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

hello andrei and welcome. I'm pretty much like Oscar, I just wanted to get one project done and have gotten like an energy rabbit,,,going going and going. I can offer some cool advice about expensive face cream and cheap beer, after that it's all 3 letter and 6 syllable words...and a bad gimp.
v5cvbb
    Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 pm

Nice looking machine. I'm not familiar with the brand but it appears to have plenty of waveform control. Are you getting argon soon? Stick and Tig are both a load of fun. My favorite is whichever I'm currently using.

Don't let these guys turn you off from forum. They are generally helpful and knowledgeable.

Welcome to the forum.

Kevin
DLF
  • DLF

v5cvbb wrote:Nice looking machine. I'm not familiar with the brand but it appears to have plenty of waveform control. Are you getting argon soon? Stick and Tig are both a load of fun. My favorite is whichever I'm currently using.

Don't let these guys turn you off from forum. They are generally helpful and knowledgeable.

Welcome to the forum.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,

The brand name is Jasic and is made in china. Across Europe can be found under different brand names and paint jobs.

It is supposed to be a quite capable welder. Certainly not industrial grade, but for sure better than the garden variety welder one can buy in the hardware store.

I still need to buy the argon bottle, but until then I will try my hand with stick welding.

tweake
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 am

DLF wrote:
The brand name is Jasic and is made in china. Across Europe can be found under different brand names and paint jobs.

It is supposed to be a quite capable welder. Certainly not industrial grade, but for sure better than the garden variety welder one can buy in the hardware store.

I still need to buy the argon bottle, but until then I will try my hand with stick welding.

they are one of the better Chinese brands.
good to see you have got rods etc. just get stuck in. it takes a bit to get the hang of striking an arc.
tweak it until it breaks