Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
transamdroptp08
    Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:30 pm

I am looking into finally starting to really learn the ins and outs of welding. I am a beginner but have good knowledge of it but need to translate it to real world. I am from NC and am a helicopter/Jet mechanic.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

T/A,
Welcome to the forum. You find quite a few people her with an interest in aircraft and might find yourself the expert in some cases. You'll find the answers to all things welding here and in a friendly atmosphere where all questions get the same respect, whether it be a beginner question or well advanced. Ask away.

Len
P.S. I like to have a first name to personalize my responses if you're comfortable with that, up to you though.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome aboard
as len stated all here have
a jones for welding.
glad to have you
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Choppers and jets would be a cool job! I bet with your skill set, welding will be a breeze. We got scientific weldors here and guys like me that do anything and love it. Don't be afraid to ask a question, even if you think it is silly..no one here will jump on you...great bunch of people here...this is my favorite site lately.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

transamdroptp08 wrote:I am looking into finally starting to really learn the ins and outs of welding. I am a beginner but have good knowledge of it but need to translate it to real world. I am from NC and am a helicopter/Jet mechanic.
Welcome! I have a good friend who was a aircraft mechanic when he was in the Air Force. He has told me a few good stories from his day.

Now I am trying to figure out your screen name. I am a Pontiac man so do you have a Trans Am? Or is that refering to something else?
-Jonathan
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

I don't know how many other things trans am drop top could be referring to, aside from the 08 part
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Praps he has 8 of them.