Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
IA93
    Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am

I am an IT guy and have been for 20+ years. Before that I was a mechanic for a long time. I was never in a position to need or convince my better half of the need for a welder fast forward to today. Got my hands on a 1993 Wrangler and now I need a welder and I need to knock of the rust of the skills from the past.... In reading through the forums articles so far you are all a pretty awesome group of folks so I signed up. Was looking to get my hands on a MIG rig and today a Montgomery Ward AC welder fell into my lap for free today. I will be getting started with as much practice as I can....
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome aboard! The rust comes off quick with all the help you will get around here. I have done a few frame repairs on some Jeeps over the years. They rust out bad around here. Post up some pics and don't be afraid to ask questions..there are some serious weldors on this board who are more than happy to help you.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum
lots of information and videos as well
here
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
IA93
    Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks. Already finding the help I need and by reaching out to a few buddies locally have my hands on three welders at no cost to me. Most of the guys just haven't had time and are willing to know where to find them. :D