Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
UncleDirty
    Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Hello from So Cal. I've been a hobby welder since around 1979 when my dad had me melting coat hangers and bed frames.
I learned arc and TIG in high school metal shop and really enjoyed it and wanted to make welding a career, but went into aviation instead. In 1988 after working as an airline mechanic for a few years, I finally bought my first welder. A shiny new Miller Syncrowave 300. A year later I bought a Millermatic 200 MIG machine. I still have both these machines today, and I'm still wrenching on big airplanes.
We moved to a new home and I had not struck an arc for a couple years. I searched for some welding videos on the internet and hit the jackpot with Jody's videos and his site. 8-)
Thanks!
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum
always good the hear from an
uncle....
get those welders powered up
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Uncledirty,
Welcome to the forum. Your machines are almost as old as me 8-) You have two great machines there. Hope to see your projects/welds here soon!
-Jonathan
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Welcome aboard! I have a 1986 Millermatic 200 also. Considered the best welder Miller ever made. I keep it for a backup but it does a great job. Gotta love those old machines!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome to the forum.
Cheers
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
UncleDirty
    Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
It's kind of wild hearing that my machines are "old" but I guess in reality, they are. :? Even though they are old, they look like new thanks to my buddy Jack, who was an aircraft interior ace. He made covers for both machines when they were new, with Velcro access panels so the covers never come off. Ol Jack passed away a couple years ago but his handy work lives on. He was 99 years young.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Can we please have some pics of those covers?