Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
massacre
    Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:20 pm

Hello all,

My name is Rob, I learned how to weld in 1986 in HS. I went to a trade school learned stick, TIG, MIG, gas welding, gas cutting and using power brakes and power shears and spot welders, etc.

I got away from it for a long time but a little over 10 years ago I took a full time welding job and then I remembered how much I enjoy welding and fabrication lol.

Thanks for having me, I love the videos on YouTube! I never knew there was a forum, a buddy of mine suggested I join so I hope to learn a little and check the place out.

Thanks for reading!
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Hey! Welcome! We have a similar background. I was certified in stick in HS in 1981. Was a good gas weldor to. Got in and out of welding over the years doing carpentry but always gravitated back to weld and fab and repair work..my true love. This is a great board with some smart craftsmen.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
massacre

Thank you for the warm welcome exnailpounder.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Rob.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Rob,
Welcome to the forum! You were learning to weld when I was being born. :lol: :lol: I hope we can help you get back in the swing of things.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Rob,
Welcome to the forum! You were learning to weld when I was being born. :lol: :lol: I hope we can help you get back in the swing of things.
-Jonathan
S#!T, you didn't really have to say that, did you?

Class of '86

#old... :cry:
massacre

I know right?

-ouch!

Been trying to spend more time under the helmet but things have just been way too busy. That should clear up soon though hopefully. I welded steel with my HTP for the first time, holy crap it's like a frickin laser beam. Looking forward to more lol
massacre

Practiced on some aluminum today, did OK. I was trying different things, some different settings and travel speed and such.
Just running beads, putting in some seat time nothing fancy.

My TIG finger came today, it works awesome I'm so glad I got it!
Got some DVDs and a t shirt too.
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Rob,
-Jonathan
Same here lol. Welcome to the forum