Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Richard_Rockwell
    Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have just found this site as I have recently taken an introductory MIG welding course at the Advanced Welding Institute in Burlington, Vermont. I only got qualified for 2F short-circuit MIG on carbon steel from 16 gauge to 11 gauge, but after I started I was loving it and couldn't wait to learn as much as I could. My overall goal is to learn TIG welding but I have not been able to take any additional classes at AWI as it's the middle of the school year and I've got 3 kids so it's a little busy around my house right now :lol: Hopefully I'll be able to take another class or two when summer rolls around.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and I'm sure I'll benefit just by looking through the different posts that come up regularly. Thank you in advance for helping out a beginner :D
As a beginning welder (and web developer), I would appreciate any feedback on my website I've created while learning about the ins and outs of different welders:
BestWeldingEquipment.com
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there, welcome aboard. Web page looks great. The biggest problem I find with the net is trying to sort out the different suppliers websites and cut through any marketing jargon. Where did you get your information for reviews? Can you be assured that it's not fake paid information?

All the best, mick.
Richard_Rockwell
    Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 pm

Thanks Mick,

A lot of the information I got was directly from the specifications documents on the supplier websites (Max Amperage, Duty Cycle, Weight, etc.). Other information was from aggregation of customer feedback about the products on sites that sell welding equipment. In other words, I tried to make sure that there were multiple instances of people mentioning a specific issue or benefit of a machine (in multiple places) before using that information on my site. Needless to say, it took quite a long time to get all the information and to present it in an approachable format.
As a beginning welder (and web developer), I would appreciate any feedback on my website I've created while learning about the ins and outs of different welders:
BestWeldingEquipment.com
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Good stuff. It's nice to see another person who follows in jodys pattern of providing real world information to people so that they can make an informed decision. Rather than marketeering b/s.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome
I have more questions than answers

Josh