Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Hi guys,
Im very excieted to be part of this forum and I hope there is alot to be learned! I am a 23 year old welder from Spain (living in the Netherlands for most of my adult life now). I hope you guys are cool with meters or else ill just get used to typing in feet and inches. My work consists of building hydraulic doors on almost water level for super yachts (usualy above 80 meters long). The doors themselves are usualy about 8x3 meters all the way up to 15x5. The doors are a way for other aquatic vehicles to leave and enter the main ship. Think about water scooters but also small sailing boats or motor boats.

I started of welding 5 months ago, i quit university when I noticed it wasnt bringing me any fulfullment. I was studying mechanical engineering. I welded as a kid on my uncles farm but never considered it as an actual carreer move. The idea suddenly popped into my head and i havent looked back since. Because man is this awesome. I have fallen inlove with TIG and stick welding but also do GMAW and mig welding for work.

Anyways enough about me and into the forums.

Good day!
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey mate, we are world wide so use what ever units you are comfortable with.
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey mate, we are world wide so use what ever units you are comfortable with.
I see you're from Australia Mike i worked there for a few months doing vehicle maintenace on an orchard. Arent you a lucky b.... individual living in such a beautifull country ;). Straya!
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks mate. I wouldn't have it Anyother way. Except that the current government seems hell bent on destroying as much beautiful environment as possible. As quickly as possible.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of collective knowledge here to help you learn to your heart's content :D
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid