Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
31fords
    Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:57 pm

I've been lurking here on this forum for almost two years, Back in 1963 I specialized in welding at high school but never worked as a welder. Looking back in those days the TIG welding machines were almost 5 feet in length if memories serve me correctly.
My interests now are mostly in restoring and driving a couple of old 1931 Model A Fords to keep me busy in my retirement.

I have been doing a fair amount of Mig welding in my workshop with my Lincoln 180 which is a nice machine for my hobby use and since I was working on thin sheet metal for the old car, two years ago I decided to purchase an Everlast PowerPro 205 three in one TIG, stick and plasma machine. I couldnt get the hang of it as I was dipping the tungsten and was always grinding the electrode. I now blame it all on the # 26 heavy and cumbersome torch (kidding). I put the machine aside reverting back to the MIG to weld on the thin stuff - lots of grinding down welds.

Thanks in part to this forum my interest in TIG welding has been revived so I decided to look into what I was doing wrong
and what I could do to help my learning process. You pro's may laugh but the first sight of improvement was with by using the foot pedal instead of the torch trigger, second was probably the use of the stubby gas lens kit. I love my Everlast machine !!!

Now I have ordered a few inexpensive Harbor freight tools to grind and cut my tungsten. So now I much prefer the TIG over the MIG with so much more control over the puddle. Havent tried Aluminum yet , so much good reliable information on Jody's site a guy cant go wrong.
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

31 ford
welcome to the forum
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome to the forum. good luck with your restorations. Please post pics. We love pics :D
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

31ford,
Welcome to the forum. Lurked for two years huh? We are glad you finally took the plunge to sign up!!! Sounds like you are on the right track and I agree with Eldon, we want those pics!
-Jonathan