Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
DangerDan
    Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:08 pm

Retired at the beginning of last year (15) and after not welding since the 1980's I decided to rebuild a Chevy truck. This required a lot of welding with a new frame component and fabricated cross members. I have yet to start the sheet metal. I hope to gain insight on how to weld the thin stuff. My friend lets me use his shop where he has a Miller Synchrowave 350LX and a Millermatic 300 for MIG welding. I did a LOT of MIG welding in the 80"s and was pretty decent for a self taught welder.
TIG is another story altogether.

I really enjoy Jody's web sight and have found it very useful, educational and entertaining. He makes watchable videos as opposed to some on youtube.

I live in Fort Wayne IN work everyday and hope to get some help with the thin metal welding. The Millermatic was troublesome but I changed to the better clamp, replaced all the conumables, the liner is in good shape. i also downloaded a Miller APP on my phone for general input on where to start in terms of settings which got me out of trouble. I found that I was way too low on feed and too low on amperage.

Thanks for having me here!
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Dan.

Hope you learn as much here as I have so far.

Kym
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Dan.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200