Stick Welding Tips, Certification tests, machines, projects
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Were I work they have an old fridge (metal insides) with a heater in it keeps it about 110 F. But the rod on my truck sits in the plastic containers with screw on lids. Never had trouble with this and I've had several welds x-rayed. Most on high pressure liquid ammonia lines.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:05 am

I too am interested in this; I am running natural gas lines under ground at my place and pulled a natural gas line to the garage for ideas such as this.

I can easily set up another second hand natural gas BBQ in the garage or adjacent to the garage for this purpose

A $50 NG BBQ is cheaper than a commercial rod oven and makes good lunch too !

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Once you get your rod cabinent warm enough to dry your rods you could pull em out and do steaks.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

That's what I was thinking !
I got my cast iron skillet in there too for going Pittsburg style, that seems to be the in way to cook steaks at the moment

Pretty good too if you like charred outside and rare inside

Adam

Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Adam,
If you're going to do anything that style you're going to have to include the "H" in Pittsburgh, :) that's important to us locals, it keeps us unique.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Braehill wrote:Adam,
If you're going to do anything that style you're going to have to include the "H" in Pittsburgh, :) that's important to us locals, it keeps us unique.

Len
Maybe he meant the one in Kansas? They're "Uniqueh" too. ;)

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Steve,
Very true, hadn't thought of that. Probably they would be more apt to be noted for their barbeque than us anyway. We just put fries and coleslaw on everything. That's pretty unique (and disgusting).

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

You guys are a good group - that is for sure

Yes the Pittsburgh steak is something that you sear the outside and then the inside is pretty rare, 3 mins per side cooked on a very hot cast iron skillet

First one I tried came out too undercooked , skillet wasn't hot enough

Try again later , hopefully this weekend

Adam

Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Ozzie outback steak = kill im, knock his horns off, wipe his backside and put im on my plate. ;)
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

Coldman wrote:Ozzie outback steak = kill im, knock his horns off, wipe his backside and put im on my plate. ;)
AMEN!

If it's done bleedin' I'll start feedin'

My wife was driving on a beer run, when we hit a whitetail deer. Broke it's hip. I got out and finished him with my knife. Drug him to the ditch, and laid him to bleed out. The local park ranger's wife drove by, asked if we were okay, and called her husband. He wrote the report, and helped me throw the deer in the trunk. We then finished the beer run. Nothing gets people's attention in the convenience store like being covered in fresh blood.

We got home, and I strung him up. To her credit, my wife helped me skin and gut him.

When I started the butchering, she gave up... something about me cutting chunks of neck-meat (future stew meat) and popping them in my mouth raw turned her off, and she went to bed. I was then free to get out the chainsaw and quarter it.

Steve S
gnabgib
    Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:55 am

When I started the butchering, she gave up... something about me cutting chunks of neck-meat (future stew meat) and popping them in my mouth raw turned her off, and she went to bed. I was then free to get out the chainsaw and quarter it.
Steve S[/quote]

Oh yeah...Then you threw off your bearskin, painted your face and danced naked in the snow....

I worked with a guy on a dairy farm whom would eat ground beef raw - he said it was delicious and perfectly safe

I never had the guts to try it unless it hit the flame at least for a moment

Adam

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Ive eaten raw beef in dressing sliced paper thin. I also prefer my females raw when i eat them........

weldin mike 27 wrote:Ive eaten raw beef in dressing sliced paper thin. I also prefer my females raw when i eat them........
But not "bloody", I assume? :roll:

Steve S
ex framie
    Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:09 am

From toaster rod heater too raw ( place applicable subject here) in less than 4 pages, outstanding. :D
Pete

God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time. Who said God didn't have a sense of humour.....

Yeah that topic drifted a hair, wouldn't you say

Adam