Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Mike Westbrook
    Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:13 pm

I just inherited an l-tec 250 hf plus stick and Tig machine stick works fine tried the Tig side no hf opened it up and the logic board looks like it got shot with a tracer round I suspect the hf filter failed letting high voltage back to the board so who do you guys recommend to get a replacement for the logic board and the capacitor filter board did a quick search found a place in ky called York that list it will call them tomorrow thanks for thoughts and suggestions in advance ......board number 675421 and filter number 680042
Cutting torch hammer and a full vocabulary
Mike Westbrook

Tried York was a no go sort of at a loss on this old girl if nothing else it's a 200 lb ac dc stick welder called esab and it's obsolete [emoji848]
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

Have you tried these guys? : https://www.innovatcorp.com/

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Mike Westbrook

Have not I'll call them today thanks

This one as well: http://welderpartswarehouse.net/ I had a Syncrowave years ago that needed a main board, 800.00 dollars later after the repair I found a company that rebuild or repaired them for $250.00 its been so many years ago I can't remember exactly which one it was, but there are a few out there that do this type of work.
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Mike Westbrook

I have called dozens problem is they only repair them I sort of need another one Image

Och, Just a long shot but did you contact ESAB?
Pete

Mike Westbrook

I called Esab and they said the famous last words no longer available and it's a shame because the machine is in great shape it stick welds beautifully and it came with all the hoses Regulators 60 foot cables two air-cooled torches and a pile of tungsten my buddy's work was going to toss it in the metal bin so I've got nothing invested in it just a shame somebody's got one somewhere
W8AT
    Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:23 pm

Does the other side of the board have values of components silk screened on it or do you have a schematic of the circuit? You could rebuild that board and use jumpers where the traces are burnt off.
Mike Westbrook

It does and I do I thought about that except the hf vaporized the solder and it's burnt in everywhere so it will conduct
I've only been looking for a week hopefully in time I'll find a good repairable one I don't need the machine right away it just has way more amperage than the little Tig I have and I have a soft spot for old overweight tranny machines

Hopefully you can find a board for it, it would make for a very nice welder.
Pete