Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

Thanks for reading my post. I am still new to welding, but I am trying. Just bought an Everlast 185DV. I opted for the 9 series torch as I had a 17 torch that I liked. Thought the 9 series would be appropriate for the furniture frames I am making.

The 17 torch is adapted for my Miller HF unit, which connects with just the gas hose which conducts the current to the electrode. The Everlast has the standard Dinse 35 connection to the machine with a separate gas connection to the machine. The two connect within a short distance. I see this set up all the time, and appears the normal TIG inverter machine setup.

I wish to convert my 17 series torch. I found the replacement part at Cyberweld, but only in 50mm Dinse. I have googled and browsed many sites, but cant find the same 35mm Dinse connection for my machine.

Any ides on how to convert or a supplier?

Thanks, this site has been a big help for getting started on my road to becoming an accomplished welder.
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

This company has zero customer service so be sure you order the right part:

http://weldfabulous.com/search.php?sear ... SE&Search=
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Is your current 9-series torch using a 2-pc cable/hose setup for gas/power? Is that what you were trying to say?
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Very common adapter if it's what I think you mean - not familiar with the Miller unit though - in the UK they have used several connections including a Bstard thing of their own creation that had a self sealing gas connection in the middle of a dinse 35/50 plug ( and only available from them ! )

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Small-10-25-T ... mkSNnyiPPw
bosulli

That looks like what I need. Thanks RamboBaby.

http://weldfabulous.com/ck-worldwide-sl ... se-35-1-2/

Now, I hope installing the gas\power hose from the old torch into the Dinse plug is self explanatory.
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

Make sure that you get the one that fits your torch because there exist several different styles. Those people NEVER answer their pbone so if you aren't sure if you have selected the correct model then you may want to check with a supplier who actually does answer their phone. The gas hose is already connected and just screws into your machine UNLESS you have a machine like my everlast which requires a separate gas quick connect fitting. Basically this thing is a clam shell. You just need to take out the two screws that hold it together, unsnap the shell, screw in your torch and put it back together. That line in the photo is the gas line and it is plumbed to the female connector that you screw your torch line into. They can be a bit of a bitch to disassemble but ya gotta have what ya gotta have.
Happy welding bro.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
bosulli

Found on weld fabulous that says its for the newer everlast. But mine has short gas line that screws in the machine, not a quick disconnect. The one on the site for newer everlast looks like it's quick disconnect.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (58.29 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
I'll try to upload pic
weldit321@gmail.com
    Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:52 pm

The CK adapter from Dinse 50 + everlast quick disconnect gas to 3/8-24RH is what I use on mine.

side note: It is easy to take apart and pull the torch out between machines. For example I use a small stick welder as a power supply for portable tig welding. And my torch screws into the stinger adapter (cant use dinse connector) so when I'm done i just put it back in the Dinse adapter.
    Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:39 pm

I also used the CK adapter to run a 9 on my everlast 250ex. A little assembly required, but very simple. I can switch over to my 17 in less than a minute.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk