Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
croshaul
    Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:58 am

Nice!! As I was wiring up my Tig button I got to thinking about how nice it would be if this could be wireless. Is it to far fetched ? Or has it happened already?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Miller has a wireless foot pedal, so it wouldn't be too hard to imagine a wireless button
croshaul

900 bucks though!! Maybe someone will make a generic one 8-)

croshaul wrote:900 bucks though!! Maybe someone will make a generic one 8-)
Used to be $700, take a look at SSC Controls
Richard
Website
    Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:58 pm

Thanks to this thread, my SSC Touch 4 is out for delivery today. I am pretty excited as the foot pedal has not been my friend. Even when working on my bench, I often end up standing up. Maybe my balance sucks, but I feel pretty wobbly standing on left foot, driving with right. I cannot imagine how anyone works with the non-rocker foot pedals.

<rant> I hate to buying from Amazon when SSC is about 80 miles form my house. However, SSC was listed as the seller and they charged a big shipping fee, which was waived when they sold it via the online giant. <rant off>

Cheers, Alan
croshaul

Since I have the wire to the tig button running along with my torch cord attached with wire ties. I want to cover it, what is the braided stuff called?

croshaul wrote:Since I have the wire to the tig button running along with my torch cord attached with wire ties. I want to cover it, what is the braided stuff called?
Something like this?
Richard
Website
croshaul

Thank you