Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

Any of you guys here running a v300 pro for tig? If so are you using hf start or lift arc? What about a foot peddle?
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.
TheBeardedWelder
    Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:42 am

ryanjames170 wrote:Any of you guys here running a v300 pro for tig? If so are you using hf start or lift arc? What about a foot peddle?
Hf start and a foot pedal would be ideal. its just about the standard in today's world.
ryanjames170
    Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:46 pm

I know i can hook up a foot peddle to it with the right adaptor as it is basicly doing the same thing as the remote welding current or voltage knob they sell just have yet to figure out the proper adaptor to hook it up. its got like a 14 or 17 pin on the back and the remote controls ie foot peddle or remote reostate are all 6 pin.

the HF i think is done via a control box but lacking a foot peddle i cant try it out to see if its the welder or the box that dose it. but its lift arc is about the best ive ever seen. better then the tig welders made with it ive used to date. but i guess it is a $5800 welder haha.

i was more curious if anyone was using one of these and knew what all had to be done to add the foot peddle and HF start for now id be happy with just the foot peddle giving how well the lift arc works.

im content using the invertec for a good while as my TIG welder as i have 2 of them :D and i know how to do both ways to weld aluminum with DC anyhow. and i dont want to know what a 300 amp TIG welder would cost me
Welder/Fitter
RM Fab & Products

Lincoln Invertec V300 pro
Miller 54D Wire Feeder
Miller 2E DC Welder Generator
Everlast Power IMIG 200
Everlast Power ARC 200ST
Klutch Plasma 275i Plasma Cutter
Hobard/Smith Oxy Torch using propane.