Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
XY solid
    Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:58 pm

Hi guys and gals,
Any way I can keep from getting flashed at low amps? I have a Primeweld 225X TIG and a Digital Infinity auto helmet. When I weld thin sheet metal below 50A I periodically get flashed just enough to be annoying. Above that my equipment plays well together and I have zero problems when I MIG. I'm assuming the sensors aren't picking up the ARC between the torch and work surface. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Thanks.
DLF
  • DLF
    Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:58 am

Have you tried the X-Mode? That’s supposed to detect the rf signal from the arc, additional to the arc sensors.

I also have the dig infinity and works ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:10 pm

XY solid wrote:Hi guys and gals,
Any way I can keep from getting flashed at low amps? I have a Primeweld 225X TIG and a Digital Infinity auto helmet. When I weld thin sheet metal below 50A I periodically get flashed just enough to be annoying. Above that my equipment plays well together and I have zero problems when I MIG. I'm assuming the sensors aren't picking up the ARC between the torch and work surface. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? Thanks.
I take it you've tried adjusting the sensitivity all the way up?

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

If you switch the mode to WELD, then hold the + button down, it will go into a countdown mode for "auto sense". This should calibrate the sensors for the ambient light, shade, sensitivity, etc. You can then increase or decrease the DELAY for turning off after the arc extinguishes.

X-Mode is better for welding in sunlight than for dealing with low amp flashing in my experience. This really sounds like a sensitivity setting.