Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Sandow
    Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:52 pm

hey_allen wrote:
sru_tx wrote: The downside is when I really mess up, dip the tungsten and get a large blob on the end. It won't fit into the fixture's openings so another grinder is needed or the fixture needs to be modified with an access port to clean up really messed up tungstens.
One of the comments made on Thingverse where the first post links to mentioned that issue, and suggested modification of the part to add a slot to the side, allowing the cutting of the tungsten when blobbed.
Take a band saw and cut a notch down the side to expose the edge of the wheel so you can cut off blobs of crap. The crazy fine taper on the 1/16" was pretty easy to give up for a cut off slot.

Entity, I love a good hijacking :)

-Sandow
Red-hot iron, white-hot iron, cold-black iron; an iron taste, an iron smell, and a babel of iron sounds.
-Charles Dickens
Diesel
    Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:03 pm

Love this idea. If I had a freelance, I'd get someone to print one up. However I got rid of mine cause I really had no use for it. And it was less efficient than other tools. Guess I'll just keep using my angle grinder to sharpen..;)
Country isn't country unless it's classic.