mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
jdranchman
    Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:06 am

soutthpaw wrote:I wouldn't bother with a multi process MIG like the 210mp unless really to use the other modes, usually you sacrifice something in the process. Check the duty cycles on the machines you are looking at.
I just pulled that trigger using the same wisdom. I already have a great TIG/Stick machine and all I really wanted was a solid MIG so I decided to get the Millermatic 211. Mostly because I it power flexible and a proven MIG platform. It has been around for a few years so the design is proven. Miller has a $200 rebate off of what you pay at a store so the price comes down to around 950 and change. My next choice was the Lincoln 210MP but I really didn't need the stick/tig extras. I've gotten bitten before chasing that new shinny ball...
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:38 pm

I've got a Millermatic 211 myself and it's a great machine. I've got several other welders at arms length and always go for the 211 if I can. Just easier to set up and go. Of course, everything I've got is on wheels or carts.
When I first got that 211 I was running it on the 115 for quite a while before I ran into something heavy and needed more power. Well I've got to say, I haven't been back to the 115 since. It's like two different machines and preforms a whole lot better on the 220.
Miller's got a $200 rebate on that machine itself and if you spend another $400 on additional stuff, cart, spool gun, consumable kit, you'll get another $200 rebate for a total of $400 back.
I don't have a ton of money to give away and I shop ebay for the best deals. If you are getting a brand new Miller product in a Miller box with a Miller rebate, what's the difference ? A lot of times the Miller stuff I bought off ebay is actually shipped to me straight from Miller. Most of the guys on ebay offering the best deals on Miller products sell a ton of them and are actual welding supply companies.
Not trying to push you into anything. I'm just a Miller type of guy and telling you how I get the most miller for my money.
Good Luck, THANKS Jack

gamble wrote:I have the tweco 141i. I like it for it's multipurpose but I don't care very much for the mig portion. The soft start sucks. The other tweco machines have the same so it starts out cold then gets hot. I would vote for the hobart 210MVP as it's a transformer machine and has more balls especially at the start of the weld

IMO of course.
I kinda feel like I'm raising the dead here, posting to this old thread. But, I'm going to be buying a new MIG machine and a new stick machine...and the guy at my LWS has recommended the Tweco Fabricator 211i since it has both (plus TIG) in the same box. And he'll give me a good price on it.

I was researching the machine on this forum and ran across the mention of "soft start" in MIG mode on the Tweco machines. That doesn't really sound like something I want. Seems you'd want it to just start. Can one of y'all that has a 211i give me a little more info on the soft start. How bad does it hurt? Is it over-rideable. And, if it's such a desirable feature, how come it ain't mentioned in the sales blurbs and my LWS guy never heard of it?

Thanks.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Bill Beauregard wrote:I bought a Millermatic 252 I doubt I could ever find a reason to upgrade.
The 252 is the only MIG machine on my job that we have calibrated annually for code work. Fine machine. Very programmable for preflow, postflow, burnback, etc.

It'll do spray-arc for hours. (I never do, as I do repair work, but I had to when demonstrating for our "R" stamp, and it performed great.)

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:
Bill Beauregard wrote:I bought a Millermatic 252 I doubt I could ever find a reason to upgrade.
The 252 is the only MIG machine on my job that we have calibrated annually for code work. Fine machine. Very programmable for preflow, postflow, burnback, etc.

It'll do spray-arc for hours. (I never do, as I do repair work, but I had to when demonstrating for our "R" stamp, and it performed great.)

Steve S
We have a Miller 252 in the shop at work. Magnificent machine. I like it better than any MIG machine I've ever used. Just wish I could justify one for the house.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Otto Nobedder wrote:

Steve S
Yoy "need" to upgrade to a 350P

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm curious on this line too any thoughts on the step down from the 252 with a 212?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:34 am

Everlast I-Mig 250! Mine runs great! Spool gun runs great! Great price! Buying an Everlast you can probably afford more machine. Jody's tests with the Everlast welders have been very good.
Everlast 250EX
Everlast I-Mig275 w/ Alum Spool Gun
Everlast Plasma60
Everlast 300 Water Cooler
Poland308

I'm looking real hard at the tweco 221 and the Lincon 210. I'm leaning towards the 210 but only cause the feed speed goes down to 50 imp. The tweco goes down to 100ipm. I plan on doing thin work with it mostly and I'll only use it for the mig side only. Plus I found in the manual for the 210 about the spot timer and the adjustable settings for feed timer after trigger release. Does anyone know if the tweco 221 has these features? Or if they will mater much on thin material?

Josh
soutthpaw

Poland308 wrote:I'm looking real hard at the tweco 221 and the Lincon 210. I'm leaning towards the 210 but only cause the feed speed goes down to 50 imp. The tweco goes down to 100ipm. I plan on doing thin work with it mostly and I'll only use it for the mig side only. Plus I found in the manual for the 210 about the spot timer and the adjustable settings for feed timer after trigger release. Does anyone know if the tweco 221 has these features? Or if they will mater much on thin material?
Do you mead the tweco 211I? The only 221 I am aware of is the HTP. And that is a TIG machine.
AHP had a new MIG coming out in January. Looks really good, I should have a demo machine later this month. ESAB Rebel is supposed to be available this month too and seems pretty nice.
Poland308

Yeah my typo

Josh
Poland308

Pulled the trigger got a 210 MP on the way. :D :D

Josh
soutthpaw

Poland308 wrote:Pulled the trigger got a 210 MP on the way. :D :D
Nice machine, let us know if they fixed the drive roll problem when you get your machine.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos
Poland308

Yeah that was my only concern.

Josh