mig and flux core tips and techniques, equipment, filler metal
byumetalman
    Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Hello everyone. Our body shop on campus came to me the other day and was asking about mig brazing. I am familiar with silbro tig but not in mig. I have been watching YouTube videos and have a better understanding now; but sill have questions. They have a Lincoln 175 that they want to use. Will this machine work?? What machine if not? Does it need to pulse? What wire brand might be best? What settings? Any info would be much appreciated. I just have never tried or experienced this process yet. TIA.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

It does work, and most any MIG machine will run it. It takes less Volts than hard wire obviously. I have tinkered with it in my MIG box, and have opted for 0.024 diameter running around 15v and 225ipm. Your mileage will vary. I have not found a need for pulse as with any body panel work, tack and move, tack and move...

Here’s a link to Miller’s settings chart that can help you get started:
https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/a ... ing-basics
byumetalman
    Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:23 pm

cj737 wrote:It does work, and most any MIG machine will run it. It takes less Volts than hard wire obviously. I have tinkered with it in my MIG box, and have opted for 0.024 diameter running around 15v and 225ipm. Your mileage will vary. I have not found a need for pulse as with any body panel work, tack and move, tack and move...

Here’s a link to Miller’s settings chart that can help you get started:
https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/a ... ing-basics
Thanks for the info. I will check out the site. What brand wire are you running? I am only finding it in .030 on common brand names. Haven't talked to my Lws yet but will soon.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

NWeld I believe