What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
907jeff
    Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:57 am

Space is tight in my shop, so I just built this combo cart/table that holds the MIG/TIG/Plasma machines, both bottles, and has a 32"x24"x3/8" top. I countersunk 1/4-20 screws around the table top, and shimmed it reasonably flat when snugged down. Working out pretty well so far. Need to figure out where I want various hooks, torch holders etc... Also, since only one machine will be in use at a time, I want to wire in a box so all three machines are fed off a common 25' #6AWG cord, which will allow me to wheel around to any point in the shop.

Jeff
Attachments
IMG_4747.jpg
IMG_4747.jpg (174.3 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

neat clean cart, nice job
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
907jeff

Thanks!
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Nice work on the cart, and I am not trying to be a negative nancy here, but I have two minor concerns: 1. is it really big enough to weld on? I would guess for a lot of projects you would be wishing for more layout area. 2. If you do any kind of grinding or stick welding on that table, a lot of that slag and grinding dust will end up inside your equipment, which won't be good. If your shop is really tight, you might want to consider a table that hinges off of one wall and folds away when not in use. The other alternative is a rolling table that can go outside, and keep all the dirt out of the shop.
Last edited by Louie1961 on Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Multimatic 255
907jeff

Valid concerns Louie! For my purposes, it's plenty big. Mostly just small motorcycle related weldments. Exhausts, brackets, etc...Will only be using MIG and TIG on this table. Any stick or flux core welding will be done outside(or in a garage stall, if it's too cold out!) Same goes for grinding. I try to take as much dirty work outside as practically possible. Thanks, Jeff.
    Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:12 pm

Nice cart! I like the diamond grate under the tanks. Going to replace my the shelves on my cart with that instead. Should decrease the weight a bit! Thanks!
----------------------
Connecting everything one weld at a time.
Facebook
Instagram