What welding projects are you working on? Are you proud of something you built?
How about posting some pics so other welders can get some ideas?
[X]Outlaw
    Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm

So until this year I never welded anything in my life. I've wanted to learn welding for quite some time now and decided to learn Tig. I like how clean and precise the entire process is. In December of last year I got a HTP221 with water cooled torch. Once I got setup I started practicing running beads on flat plate and practicing different joins. I realized that if I were to do any serious work I needed a decent table, not the black and Decker workmate that I was currently getting away with. I looked at many commercially available tables however because I love outside the USA shipping on such heavy items are cost prohibitive to me.

A lot of what I learned was from Jody's videos and reading here as well as other welding forums.

So I decided to build my own :) This is what I ended up with:

All the steel I used was mild steel

Dimensions : 30"x36" Height of 42"
Tubing size : 2"x2" .15" thick wall
Table top : Each slat is 6"x30" .5" thick
Caster mounting plates : .25" thick

In the end I am very glad I decided to build my own. Not only did I get a table more robust that commercially available ones for about the same price but I learned a lot of stuff. In particular how to keep everything nice and square. I'm looking forward to improving my Tig skills and now I have a decent surface to work on :D
Welding Table.JPG
Welding Table.JPG (68.16 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Welding Table 2.JPG
Welding Table 2.JPG (64.32 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
My HTP 221 sitting in my small machine shop.
My Shop.JPG
My Shop.JPG (37.88 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
Chevy
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Looks like good work! I had thoughts about a similar DIY table, and drilling holes to accommodate Stronghand clamps.

I'm also admiring your shop for being clean and tidy. My only comment would be to consider different curtains, because the ones in the picture look like a fire risk.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Well done.

I'm with Artie - nice work, nice workshop!

Kym
[X]Outlaw
    Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for the compliments :)

Artie I agree with you about the curtains, they are taken down when I'm actually working.

Chevy
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

very nice
looks like an operating room, very sano....
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil