Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
BigDwelder
    Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Hope I'm not opening a can of worms. Settled on one of two machines, Everlast 210ex or a Ck worldwide mt200. Seams like there's more YouTube videos on the Everlast but the CK gets great ratings. The only concern I have about the Ck is the lower duty cycle. What's everyone's thoughts. Thanks
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

The Everlast 210EXT? The main difference between that one and the CK you mention is digital vs. analog. I mostly prefer analog myself, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority on that. Second difference is price. The CK is quite a bit higher (and they've marked them down quite a bit over the past couple years, presumably due to poor sales). Third difference is control. The Everlast basically gives you all the standard control you will need, whereas the CK will not allow you to adjust such things as pulse on time, preflow, up/downslope for 2T, etc. These are all things that I personally like to be able to control.

As far as build quality and warranty. I imagine the CK would probably be a step above the Everlast. If the quality of their machine is in-line with the quality of their consumables.

Clear as mud?

The CK machine is a bit of an oddball. I'd bet that whoever at CK came up with the design specs was either not a TIG welder, or just had a really poor grasp on what TIG welders wanted out of their machines.

FWIW, I've owned 3 Everlast TIG machines, and 0 from CK. That's more of a disclaimer on my experience with the machines I'm referencing here, and less of an endorsement of either machine.
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Jody, the guy who owns this site and makes all the videos ditched everlast and now pretty much only uses the CK machine. He even sells them on the weld monger store. For me that is a significant endorsement for the CK MT machine.
Last edited by Louie1961 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Multimatic 255
dgapilot
    Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:00 pm

Got my 210EXT about 4 years ago. Only use it occasionally, but I’m happy with it. I don’t think the CK unit was available when I decided on the 210EXT.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
David

Everlast 210 EXT
Lincoln AC225
Lotos LTP5000D
Oxy-Acetylene
BigDwelder
    Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:47 pm

I've been running blue,red & yellow machines for the last 40 years plus. .. enough wire and stick to probably circle the earth a couple times...lol. So these cheaper machines ruffle some feathers due to either chinese made or wrong color. But I'm just looking for a machine that'll fill in the gaps( & not weld gaps..lol) in my shop without breaking the bank, that's why I'm looking at these two. But I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for everyone's input.
    Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:24 pm

I was interested in the CK machine when I was upgrading from a Primeweld 225, however as Spartan pointed out it's analog and I wanted digital and the CK seemed lacking in features. At the time the Everlast 255EXT was the same price as the CK or less depending on who was selling it. I chose the 255EXT and have been very pleased with it. I'm a hobbyist welder and have owned it for over a year with zero problems. I use it at least 4 days a week anywhere from 1 to 3 hours per day. Recently, I added a water cooler to the setup - really like that.
robert-r

Millermatic 255
Dynasty 280 DX
Everlast 255EXT
ReadyWelder I
Hypertherm 30XP
VA-Sawyer
    Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:56 am

I bought a 255EXT about 2.5 years ago. Was very happy with it for the first 18 months. Then it started acting up when trying to weld with AC. Called NEVERLAST for support, and got nothing but dumb excuses. They even blamed the problem on me getting the Tungsten too hot, causing high resistance. Check my thread about 'NEVERLAST lied again'. Don't waste your money on Green unless you can afford to scrap it after a year. They work nice , till they don't! Then they are just useless.
No sense dying with unused welding rod, so light 'em up!
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

If Miller and Lincoln were the same price as Everlast, nobody would buy green. So let's face it, people buy green because it's cheap, not because it's good. Sure you can buy even cheaper than green but that doesn't help the green argument.

Buy once, cry once.

For good fresh oats you can expect to pay a fair price. Oats that has already passed through the horse comes cheaper.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

I have zero experience with the CK machine, but it looks to have decent specs. I would like to see what they list as the lowest starting amps. The 25% duty cycle at 200A is on the low side for a lot of what I do, but everybody has different uses.

My first TIG machine was/is an Everlast 210EXT. I bought it in 2013 and it's still working great, so no issues there. It has a lot of features and essentially copies a Miller Dynasty 210 in that regard and the owner of Everlast (Oleg) has said that was his target.

I wound up with the Everlast because I had previously purchased one of their stick welders that developed an issue. The machine was working fine, but the digital display would randomly change numbers....you'd set it at 125A and two minutes later it would be reading 90A, but welding the same, then it would show 180A and weld the same. The output changed with turning the knob, but the display reading was all over the map. Everlast sent me a couple of boards, none of which fixed the problem. After trying that, they offered me a new unit or full purchase price towards an upgrade. I wanted a TIG so it made sense to go the upgrade route and that led me to the 210EXT. I don't expect any inverter machine to last forever with the current state of technology, so if it dies, it dies and I've gotten a lot of use out of it so far. I feel that way regardless of brand.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

I have zero experience with the CK machine, but it looks to have decent specs. I would like to see what they list as the lowest starting amps. The 25% duty cycle at 200A is on the low side for a lot of what I do, but everybody has different uses.
According to Jody's online store, weldmonger.com, it starts at 5 amps. He has some video links there about this machine as well.

https://weldmongerstore.com/collections ... ing-system
Multimatic 255
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Louie1961 wrote:
According to Jody's online store, weldmonger.com, it starts at 5 amps. He has some video links there about this machine as well.

https://weldmongerstore.com/collections ... ing-system
Good to know....very reasonable number.
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
    Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:24 pm

fwiw - there is a digital tig welder made by the same company (Jasic, I believe) that makes the CK machine that costs less and has similar specs: https://annextools.com/welding/products ... CQQAvD_BwE

However, I have seen no reviews regarding it.
robert-r

Millermatic 255
Dynasty 280 DX
Everlast 255EXT
ReadyWelder I
Hypertherm 30XP